ammado apply a 10% fee for purchasing gift cards - this fee covers our providers' processing charges and the credit card company charges. Including this fee allows us to provide nonprofits with the full face-value of the donation amount listed on the gift card.
- Credit or debit card fees vary somewhat on the payment method used but we find that the global average of these is 2.5%
- Some payment methods comprise a fixed and a flexible charge and again depend on on the owner's currency - for example, Paypal: EUR (1.9%+€0.35) GBP (2.4%+£0.20) USD (2.4%+US$0.30)
- For currencies other than ammado’s 4 settlement currencies (USD, EUR, GBP and JPY), a currency conversion is applied by the credit card companies using their rates. We have no control over these rates but the rates are competitive, at approximately a 2% margin on the interbank rate.
- At the time of payment from ammado in our 4 main currencies there maybe a conversion to the currencies the nonprofit accepts. The banks give us very good rates on this – the FX margin is 1.5% over the interbank rate.
- In extraordinary and rare circumstances, a "partner fee" may be deducted from gift card donations. This is only applicable when donations are made in the context and as a direct result of a partner's services.
- ammado does not charge nonprofits for any sign up, registration or monthly subscription fees - our donations and fundraising tools are free for use!